How do we use your personal data?
Personal data is only collected on this website with your prior permission, and is used for the execution of the contract of services. Your name, email address and other relevant information will be used to create a user account and enable us to provide you with the programme services. Personal data will only be used to fulfil the specific purposes of the programme and associated activities, including but not limited to account management, fulfilment of product (i.e. gift cards, gift vouchers, eCodes, eGift Cards, eVouchers) and order processing and account communications. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You are advised to check it from time to time in order to ensure that you are aware of any changes and that they are acceptable to you. Following any material changes to this policy wording, and on returning to this website, you will be alerted by way of a pop-up notice. You should then check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. We may use the information we collect to improve our products, services and the range of features available.
We will never share your personal data with any other third party, unless we have informed of the need to do so.
What do we do with your information?
We may use information about you only for any of the following purposes:
Provide Our Services: To provide our services which means any ancillary service provided by us including but not limited to personalisation, packaging, delivery and customer support (the Services) , operate our websites, respond to your enquiries and fulfil your requests and orders, process your payments, for bug and error reporting and resolution, to perform upgrades and maintenance;
Customer Service and Support: To send you important information, such as changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- Personalization: To personalize your experience of our websites or using the Services, such as by tailoring the content we send or display to you in order to personalize help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experience using the Services;
- Alerts and Required Notices: To send you messages that you have requested such as service-related alerts and any notices required by contract or applicable law;
- Marketing and Promotions: To send you marketing communications you have signed up for;
- Advertising and Referrals: To assist in advertising the Services on third-party websites and to track referrals from partner websites;
- Analytics and Improvement: To better understand how our users access and use the Services, and for other research and analytical purposes, such as to evaluate and improve the Services;
- Verify Identity and Detect Fraud: To verify your identity and/or location in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions, and secure your personal data, and for risk control, fraud detection and prevention, and compliance with laws and regulations;
- Protect Our Legal Rights and Prevent Misuse: To protect the Services, prevent unauthorized access and other misuse, and where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, or violations of our Terms and Conditions or this Privacy Statement
- Comply with Legal Obligations: To comply with the law or legal proceedings such as when required to disclose information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including responding to national security or law enforcement disclosure requirements; and
General Business Operations: Where necessary to the administration of our general business, accounting, recordkeeping and legal functions.
How do we collect your information?
We collect information about you using various methods including:
- When you submit it through this website;
- From information held and supplied by clients; and
- When you telephone us or correspond with us by means other than through this website.
We may combine information that we collect about you through this website with information that you provide to us by other means.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will retain your personal data for the period that you are registered with any live programme. Thereafter your data will be retained for up to 1 year to enable an orderly close of the programme for clients and your transactional data for a period not exceeding 6 years. Thereafter, your personal data will be irretrievably deleted. We will retain personal data essential for legal or regulatory purposes for the duration of the relevant requirements.
To whom do we disclose your information?
We will not disclose to any third parties, personal data which relates to you without your prior consent, except:
- To our clients as defined above;
- Where it is necessary to enable any of our staff, employees, agents, contractors, suppliers or commercial partners to provide a service to us or to perform a function on our behalf (including fulfilling orders for products or services, supplying products or services that we provide on behalf of clients and as part of any programme you are enlisted to); or
- Where we have justifiable reason to consider disclosure of your information to other businesses, financial organisations or law enforcement agencies to be necessary or desirable with a view to the prevention or detection of fraud, or if we are required to or are permitted to by law.
Should the above involve the transfer of your personal data to a country outside of the EU, or to a non-EU-approved country, we will take steps to ensure commercially reasonable safeguards are in place with the third-party to protect your data to a level at least commensurate with that provided under the GDPR. In order for us to deliver our services, we may need, from time to time, to transfer and/or process personal data outside of the EEA, by agreeing our Direct To Consumer Terms and Conditions any contracted user of our Services are explicitly agreeing to this necessary transfer of personal data by us as required to fulfil any contractual orders to supply Gift Cards.
What rights do you have?
From May 2018, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed. This Privacy Statement meets those rights;
- The right of access. You have the right to access the personal data that we hold about you;
- The right of rectification. You have the right to inform us of any changes to your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right of erasure. You have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing;
- The right to restrict processing. You can request that we continue to store your personal data, but not to further process it;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object. You have the right to object to processing on legitimate interests; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority for the UK is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). www.ico.org.uk / 0303 123 1113.
To exercise any of these rights, or in the event of a complaint, please contact Motivates Inc Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org or Motivates, 3rd Floor, 3 Bath Place, London, EC2A 3DR. We will verify your identity and will not be able to provide information until we are satisfied that you have a right to this information. Any information will be provided to you within 30 days unless in exceptional situations where we may advise you of an extension of up to 60 days.